- Proof of Active, retired, or honorably discharged from US military or First Responder career
- Proof of 50% or higher PTSD or TBI incurred from service
(DD 214 for Veterans
for First Responders)
- Must have served for a minimum of 3 years
- Must pass criminal background check / housing check (contact with landlord or proof of home ownership) / submit references
- Must be able to attend an acclamation/training weekend at Fortified K-9Training Facility in Murfreesboro, TN. Cost of trip not included- Date: TBD
- must be willing to commit to continue the training and work with the dog daily. (Skills are perishable if unused, wasting dog's potential by not practicing him/her can result in loss of certification.)
- Be financially responsible to provide a forever home for their animal
- Under penalty of law : May NOT breed, sell, or receive money in exchange for the animal
If you are interested in applying for a service dog, email us at LenoirNC@anytimefitness.com.
All applicants subject to background checks and 1-3 interviews (could be phone or in person).
Got Questions? Just ask
Please realize that if you are wishing for a dog but you feel like someone deserves him or her more, you are exactly the candidate we are looking for. We know that many veterans say, "someone has it worse", that could be true, but don't underestimate your own sacrifice. We want good humans to receive our dogs, not just good stories.
Provided at no cost to recipient
- A professionally trained dog from Tennessee Blue Line Shepherds or Fortified K-9 (breeds can vary)
- Amenities the dog needs:
- Prong collar
- Service Dog vest and patch
- General wellness check up / clean bill of health from the Veterinarian before the dog will leave with you
- Rabies vaccine and tag
- All vaccination records
- Any important medical records obtained while the animal has been under Fortified K9 or TBLS’s care (if not bred at the facility)
***There will be NO genetic information/pedigrees given, no breeding allowed***
- 3 day training period with professional handler
- Certificate of “Good Behavior” that allows animals in public housing/transportation
- NC service dog documentation/ID
(No guarantee of age, gender, breed, or original facility. All recipients will have the opportunity to experience multiple dogs and choose through guidance from handlers)
*The 3 day mandatory training period is paid for, but travel, lodging etc. is the recipients responsibility*
Erle and I personally purchased Fletcher when he was 3 months old. Having no dog training experience, Steve provided instructions and steps to follow to teach Fletcher to become well-behaved. We work with him every time we feed him, he is very smart and has adapted quickly. With that, he's not even a yr. old yet, so he still is a crazy puppy! But we wanted to show recipients an example of what they will be receiving... And if we can do this much with just Steve's instruction, imagine what you'll be getting after Steve and Ramy teach them themselves!
What you can teach your dog is only limited to your creativity and willingness to provide consistency.
*Just fyi cause hater's always want to hate, ONLY personal funds purchased Fletcher, ALL funds from S4S were allocated to the veterans.
Fletcher will be 1 year old on February 22.
If you want to meet him, he has a full-time job at Anytime Fitness in Lenoir!
Fletcher loves his tire and getting his belly rubbed. Searching is one of his best skills.
He also knows how to give boops!